Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ramadhan Day 29 : Solok lada refreshes my childhood memory

Assalamualaikum and very good day,
 
Solok Lada....photo by http://dapurmalaysia.com/resepi-solok-lada/
 
 
This post is about yesterday. One of the dishes that I always keen to cook is Solok Lada (Chili filled with mixture of fish's meat, coconut, onion, garlic). It is not due to its delicious taste, but it is due to my big sister. One day when I was back home, my sister said today she would like to cook Solok Lada....that's time I think I still at primary school. Our home during that time just have basic furniture and using wooden stove....no gas stove because my parents unable to effort it during that time. Although without so much household facilities, I really amazed with my big sister with her willingness to cook. She never complain neither sad with that condition.....lives must go on and on......kekurangan bukan halangan to live a happy life.
 
When my big sister said she want to cook Solok Lada, I was really excited because I never cook that before. Actually, we lived in different home. She lived with my biological parents and I was adopted by my uncle/auntie. I lived in comfortable life at my uncle/auntie home...they are wealthy people in our village. So that day, I helped my big sister cooked Solok Lada, I separated fish's meats from its bone (mengasingkan isi ikan dari tulangnya) and when the solok mixture finished, we have been put that mixture together inside chili (Lada). The last parts that I like most is when my big sister said....now we have access mixture, jom kita kepal bulat2 dan buat meatball..:). After that, we cooked those chilies + fishmeatball with santan kelapa. Then we ate that solok lada/fishmeatball with rice for that day lunch....what a simple lunch but yum....yum....delicious.
 
Note :
 
  1. The chillies were from my ayah (father) farm. He expert in growing chilli
After that, I did not have so much opportunity to cook with my big sister anymore. She went to MRSM after form 3 and I went to boarding school after standard 6. You see....kekurangan/kemiskinan bukan penghalang untuk berjaya dalam pelajaran....My big sister did it. She has been graduated with degree in accountancy....Now, she live in happy life with her husband and two sons....will be added one more child in near future.
 
Yesterday, my big sister was not at home. She celebrated Eid at her husband village....Kedah. As per I said earlier...I always keen to cook Solok Lada, however the opportunity never come because I did not know how to cook it.....sometimes, it is difficult to get suitable chili. The chili that suitable for Solok Lada is big chili in pale green color.
 
Alhamdulillah, in day 29 of Ramadhan this year, the opportunity came. My Maa (mother) willing to cook it with me. Thus, I went to wet market and bought all the necessary ingredients. During preparing the solok mixture and cooking, my mind was refreshing past memory...:the sad and happy parts come slide by slide. How hardlife of our family has been transform to better life now....Alhamdulillah, we never know the plan of Allah. How our small home has been transformed to a comfortable home now......
 
The lesson learnt I get here is:-
 
  1. When we are in difficult situation...please do not give up but do our best. Admit our kekurangan and be grateful on what we have and strive for better life. If you give up, you will not improve and in fact you will be 'rugi' for not to live to the fullest
  2. When we are in comfortable situation....please do not be arrogant to other peoples and furthermore to Allah. Help other peoples, reflection (muhasabah) and grateful to Allah
  3. Don't judge people by it cover...:). Tak semestinya org yg dibesarkan dalam keadaan yg serba cukup itu lebih baik/lebih competent/lebih knowledgeable dari org yg dibesarkan dalam keadaan serba kekurangan. Ini penting sebab in future jika Allah izinkan saya akan menjadi seorg isteri/ibu. Sebagai ibu, kita biasanya nak kelengkapan yg terbaik untuk anak2 sehinggakan berlebihan memanjakan mereka.
  4. Cooking is life skill & family bonding
Ramadhan for 2013/1434H has been ended yesterday. In term of ibadah, I gained less than last year....in term of self reflection, sabar (patient), be a better daughter I think I gained more than last year.

1 comment: