Saturday, October 5, 2013

It is October already..:)

Salam and Good Day,
 
It is October already...:). Time was moving so fast....I am already 6 months working in Kerteh and living in Dungun. 6 months going back & forth from Dungun to Kerteh every day for working. Last year in October...I probably in headache situation in order to handle project at Baram offshore Miri. Alhamdulillah, that project completed in January 2013 after so many obstacles I need to face...:). Arguing with contractors, learnt how to convey message and convinced other peoples with our ideas, time management, learnt to be firm, learnt to manage a project in order to meet objectives and completed with stipulated time and cost....huhu. Living in Baram Delta is so challenging....I am imagined myself was in Amazon Rainforest Brazil...hehe.
 
In October last year - January 2013, myself was fighting with bad weather and sea turbulence in Baram Delta water.....Alhamdulillah, with the ownership and spirit I want to complete the tasks given to me on whatever means (fullsetop), I didn't have time to think about give up at all...my mind only focused on I want to complete it soon. In those duration, I prayed Solat Hajat and Dhuha a lot....:). I still remember myself everyday got seasick, headache, stomache because of high swell in Baram Delta area....many times fast crew boat U-turn to shore after a few hours journey to Baram platform due to bad weather. In the journey from Pulau Melayu to offshore....I normally will try to sleep in order to avoid myself got seasick. I still remember how tired am I when I needed to climb up and down high staircase in the platform....hahaha...so sadis but taught me a lot about life and toughness.
 
Alhamdulillah...those hardest parts in my life has gone. I am now working in Kerteh which is in different types of challenges. In Kerteh, I don't need to face with 2-3 hours travelling everyday with fast crew boat anymore because we use helicopter, not much swing rope for boat transfer because most of the platforms use 'transfer basket', no urgency for me to go to offshore because we have CSR.
 
Miri taught me a lots. When I am in Kerteh now, my tasks are done in more efficient ways, my communication skills are more improved, I myself well defined with what I suppose to do because I have learnt a lots from Miri...:). As compared previously in Miri, I was do not know how to react when a task was given to me....thank you Miri and sorry because I didn't contribute much when I was with you.
 
My life is happier and peaceful in Kerteh or Dungun....I do not know why? It is abstract...:). May be due to I know what I suppose to do when I am in office. Hrmm....btw, the food supplies are also better in Dungun as compared to Miri, the wet market here is more 'meriah'....a lot of choices of beef, chicken, seafood, vegetables, kuih-muih....
 
October comes again into my life....towards to the year end. There are a lot of more efforts I need to do for my office works. Most of the tasks are not completed yet. There are a few constraints to move forward such as budget constraint and on how to ensure the contractors are tip-top contractors. From what I observed, many contractors did not plan properly, complaisant, do not see the urgency of the job. Thus, I need to correct back their mindset in order to put them in the correct picture and motivation. It is not only for the sake of getting my job done, but it is also because of caring about their accomplishment in life and caring for the Malaysian nation. It is important for the nation to have highly motivated workforce rather than having careless/complaisant workforce.
 
Interacting with Terengganu's people really makes me happy, their character and their concern quite near to Kelantanese. When I was in meeting with KLCC peoples, their concern and character are quite different. What can I said about this... is myself from Kerteh operation is like village people, the person who cannot speak English fluently and cannot stand with busy city like KL but we bravely highlight our concern and what we want when needed. Thus, both village peoples and metropolitan city peoples added value to the company. Do not know how to speak English does not mean you need to be shy in meeting or shy to highlight your concern. It is also does not mean you cannot understand presentation and discussion in English....just be claim and listen properly...asking question if you need clarification although your English is broken.

It is October 2013 already....my ambition changed a little bit. Before this, I did not really want to be subject expert matters in Electrical Engineering, however once I see my colleagues from Gas Processing Plant already passed with her assessment and very thoughtful in Electrical knowledge, having proper logbook and really take ownership with her assessment....I think I want to be like her...:). My target is to learnt as much as I can while I am an engineer in industry, then I would like to further my study in Master, PHD and be a lecturer (I don't mind if during that time I am getting old already....I think I want to do that when I pass assessment for manager level...Thus, it is about 5-7 years to go to take Master. I do not want to rush too much because I would like to enjoy the journey and collect the knowledge peacefully, like plucking berries or apples during spring or plucking durian/mangosteen during fruit season). It is good for a lecturer to have experience working in industry. Thus, I can advise my students about real working life...:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment